[GRASS-user] tips on GRASS Mac users

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 06:29:13 EDT 2008

By the end of this week we will have a new imac as a GIS workstation,
I am familiar with GRASS on linux and windows, but not on a mac.  I
know GRASS and QGIS install OK on a mac, so that won't be a problem.
Any other advise/caveats/warning as we do the migrate?  We will still
be using our linux machine for GRASS in parallel with mac,
specifically:
1. all GRASS database files should be accessible on both machines, I'm
thinking of using the mac as the GRASS database repo (since it has a
larger Hdd capacity) and have linux read/write access
2. Shell scripts are usable on both machines
3. Remotely access linux machine on the mac

Any ideas?

cheers,

maning
--
| __.-._  |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda     |