[GRASS-user] Once more: raster projection transformation: LAEA -> UTM

Jana K. jkrajc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 03:33:23 EDT 2008

Looks like you do have correct settings in the PROJ_INFO in both
PERMANENT mapsets. Can you post the header file of the raster map you
want to reproject? Maybe it's malformed, for whatever reason. You'll
find it in location/mapset/cellhd folder.

Thanks all of you for quick help, I think Maciej hit the problem - here is
the input file header:

proj:       0
zone:       0
north:      6500000
south:      700000
east:       7500000
west:       800000
cols:       67000
rows:       58000
e-w resol:  100
n-s resol:  100
format:     0
compressed: 1

while the PROJ_INFO is:

name: Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area
datum: etrs89
towgs84: 0.000,0.000,0.000
proj: laea
ellps: grs80
a: 6378137.0000000000
es: 0.0066943800
f: 298.2572221010
lat_0: 52.0000000000
lon_0: 10.0000000000
x_0: 4321000.0000000000
y_0: 3210000.0000000000

Here is how I (most probably) created the input file location:

GLC landuse data available on the web are in tiff format. The downloaded
package contained .tif, .tfw, .aux, and .prj files. I created a new location
called GLC_europe manually, using info from .prj file. I imported the .tif
file into the GLC_europe location. Afterwards, I performed other operations
- I reprojected another GLC file from lat/lon, I reclassed the categories in
the two files and I patched the first file with the other (rougher). Now
when I looked at the headers of all files that I manipulated in this
location, all of them have the projection 0 in their headers. (By the way,
what is "format" in the header? Some of them have 0 and others 1).
Now, how can I solve this problem? Can I simply manually change the
information in header files?

Do you have some idea, why the headers are not correct? Maybe the way how I
created the GLC_europe location was not correct?

As to my question 2 - thanks for the tip to use r.resamp.stats, Glynn. I am
still a newbie and as there are so many modules in grass, it's really a
great help to give a hint where to look.

Jana