[GRASS-user] Workflow of a classification project with orthophotos

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jul 23 20:36:45 EDT 2008

I am still struggling with this. In theory it sounds easy but when it
comes to the point it's quite hard considering that we don't have the
raw data. Any other ideas?

Thank you,
Nikos

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 16:50 +0200, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
[...]

> My workflow
>
> 1. Stretch colour orthophotos (8-bit R,G and B bands) from 0 to 255
> values (weither with GDAL or import in GRASS' database and stretch
> inside the DB)
>
> 2. Visually identify the different "groups" of images taken more or less
> at the same time

This sounds too difficult but we don't have the metadata (i.e. date of
acquisition to reasonably group the tiles based on this information).