[GRASS-user] Stereo Photo-Metrology

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 05:22:06 EDT 2008

Some further observations on using stereo:

I tried and work through the little tutorial here:

http://grass.itc.it/gdp/stereo-grass/

   size is not restored correctly and sub-windows are shuffled around

I suppose the crash is somehow related to the compiler warnings
I reported previously.

Cheers,

Ben

Benjamin Ducke wrote:
> Terry,
>
> this looks like a very interesting software and I would like to explore
> it a little more to see how hard it will be to update the user interface
> and add any missing features.
>
> A first try to compile on my Ubuntu 7.04 threw this error at me:
>
> gcc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..   -g -O2  edit.c
> In file included from edit.h:26,
>                  from edit.c:24:
> /usr/include/sys/types.h:39: error: two or more data types in
> declaration specifiers
> /usr/include/sys/types.h:39: error: two or more data types in
> declaration specifiers
> edit.c: In function ‘edit_execute_command’:
> edit.c:1710: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘edit_printf’ makes pointer
> from integer without a cast
> make[2]: *** [edit.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/benni/download/stereo-0.2b/widget'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/benni/download/stereo-0.2b'
> make: *** [all-recursive-hack] Error 2
>
> The culprit is in global.h. If I comment out all declarations for
> quad_t (these are in types.h on my system), the software compiles.
> I think that the configure script should be modified to detect a
> declaration of quad_t on more recent systems.
>
> Attached to this message is a log of the compilation run. There
> are some warnings that worry me:
>
> edit.c:1710
> mathfuncs.c (asm)
> stringtools.c:509
> display.c:116
> simplex.c:230
>
> I feel that I do not understand enough about stereo to fix these at this
> point. Could you look into them?
>
> Anyhow, thanks for breathing new life into a very useful piece of
> software!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben
>

> Terry Duell wrote:
>> Hullo All,
>> The photo-metrology software, originally developed by Paul Sheer is
>> now established as a Sourceforge project.
>> It is hoped that some help can be found to further develop this software.
>> It should be helpful to anyone wishing to build dem data for limited
>> areas, and enables the user to provide their own stereo photo pairs.
>> The fact that camera positions can be arbitrary significantly reduces
>> the difficulties in preparing the raw data needed.
>> The web site is at <http://stereo.sourceforge.net>.
>> If you know of anyone who might be interested in this software please
>> point them to it.
>> Anyone who could help with further development can contact me through
>> this list, or at tduell at users.sourceforge.net.
>>
>> Cheers,

Benjamin Ducke
Senior Applications Support and Development Officer

Oxford Archaeological Unit Limited
Janus House
Osney Mead
OX2 0ES