[GRASS-user] Re: import a folder full of shapefiles and reproject on-the-fly?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Jul 30 00:57:39 EDT 2008

Tim Michelsen ha scritto:

> Nevertheless, I cannot get around expressing my disappointment about
> GRASS in this area.
> * I cannot just point the program to a directory of shapefiles and tell
> it import all. QGIS, gvSIG and ArcGIS can do this.

So, use QGIS! ;)
Seriously, I understand your feelings. I know most GRASS developers do
not agree with me, but I still think the good thing about GRASS is its
analytical power, and the easiest way to approach it (until you're at
ease with CLI) is through QGIS. Unfortunately this route did not attract
much interest from GRASS (and until recently also from QGIS) developers,
so there are still things to improve in this area.
All the best.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: * http://www.faunalia.it/pc *