[GRASS-user] Re: import a folder full of shapefiles and reproject on-the-fly?

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Wed Jul 30 09:56:32 EDT 2008

> >> Here you can find some scripts, perhaps useful.
> Thanks you for these scripts. They are really useful.
I tried the merge process with the script "shpmerge.sh" that Paolo sent.
That is really effective and works well.

The only issue is that it show the following error in the bash:
"shpmerge.sh: line 1: #!/bin/bash: No such file or directory"

So the question:
* Can we get this script into GRASS as an utility program?
* Shall we ask the OGR-developers to include
this into their program/distribution?
* Could be wrap a nice GUI around it?
* Could there be a page on the wiki where we can put such utility programs?

Kind regards and thanks,
Timmie