[GRASS-user] using v.digit with translucent background

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Jul 31 14:18:58 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 08:05:56PM +0200, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <landa.martin at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> Hi,
>
> 2008/7/31 Juan Manuel Barreneche <jumanbar at gmail.com>:
> > i want to use v.digit with two overlayed raster maps, both of which cover
> > the entire area i'm working, so i need the raster "on top" be translucent to
> > some extent (say, %50 opacity)
> >
> > is there a way to do that with the bgcmd argument of v.digit?
>
> I guess not possible in Tcl/Tk-based v.vdigit, if you use grass64 try wxGUI, see

I'd not say "not possible", but rather "a pain."  One could do it by making
a blended raster with r.blend prior to entering v.digit, then using the d.rast
command on that for v.digit.

Or at least, that's what would spring to my mind as the work-around.

 "Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours."  -- R. Bach