[GRASS-user] supervised classification - feature extraction

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Jun 4 16:55:42 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 15:23, M S wrote:
> That would be great.   Let's say for example that I only want to classify
> paved or dirt roads.  So I setup two classes, one training area for dirt
> road, and one for paved road.  Then a third outlier class of everything
> else
> that doesnt match the two inputted training classes.

I guess something like this could be achieved if you could give the module
a maximum (variable-space) distance between your current class centroid
and the patch under study, so that if the distance is higher than that
threshold for any of the current class centroids, the area does not get
affected.

Shouldn't be to hard to code this, although you might need several passes
as the class centroids obviously move during classification.

Moritz