[GRASS-user] exploding a color table

Neil Best nbest at LANWORTH.COM
Thu Jun 5 17:45:31 EDT 2008

Has anyone come up with a way to convert a streched color table for a
floating point map into a set of discrete colors?  I am thinking especially
of NDVI, so I would like to generate the list of 256 colors along the NDVI
floating point stretch to use with the result of r.recode that I used to
convert my NDVI map to an integer map.  If I could properly set the color
table for that new map then I could maintain the symbolization within GRASS
rather than having to spew a list of 256 colors for a Mapserver
configuration.  Any thoughts?