[GRASS-user] Problem with GDAL and gdal_translate for GRASS on Ubuntu Hardy

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Jun 9 13:53:17 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 19:00 +0200, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> I should have a look at this issue
>
> 2008/6/5 Jarekj <jarekj at amu.edu.pl>:
> > Hi
> > Sorry if that problem was just mentioned but I was off almost three weeks.
> > I found problem with just installed gdal (properly with gdal_translate) in
> > 1.5.1 form les-ejk repository on Ubuntu Hardy. Due that problem I cannot
> > save any graphic from display manager (and also some others problems with
> > r.proj)
> > Is threre someone with similar problem?
> > Jarek

Jarek and Jachym,

while trying to save maps from the Map-Display with different formats, I
receive some error messag but the map is still saved.

The error message is somthing like

1st line: Could not create JPG: Input file size is (something)
2nd line: 0... 10... 20... etc.
3rd line: child killed: SIGABRT
---

Nikos