[GRASS-user] r.series and Fourier

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 09:03:30 EDT 2008

Hi all,

A friend of mine asked me if it would be possible to do a Fourier
analysis on a raster time series with Grass (or any other tool). Since
I'm no expert in Fourier or time series the first thing that came to
my mind was to send the grass rasters to R and do the processing
there. But then I remember the r.series command. Is ti possible to add
this type o analysis in the method list? Is it correct (mathematically
I mean) to apply the fourier analysis  in a raster time series? Has
anyone done this?

Thanks
Daniel

PS - If this works I'll have a good chance at promoting Grass in a
very high level Brazilian research company :)