[GRASS-user] Downscaling rasters (resampling to LOWER resolution)

Paulo Marcondes paulomarcondes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 15:13:53 EDT 2008

Hi,

What would be the recommended way to downsample a raster?

my region resolution is currently 100m, say I want to resample my
rasters at 300m.

Why would I want to do that? Well, currently the data is too rough,
but filtering may introduce some artifacts.
I know I'll loose some information with the downscaling, but that is
precisely what I want, because I deem the roughness to be just noise.
I am not sure if just filtering would do the same.

what would be the best way to achieve this?

thanks.
--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX
-22.915 -42.224 = GG86jc