[GRASS-user] Centerlines of Polygons (skeletons)

Aurora Geomatics aurorageomatics at telus.net
Wed Jun 18 17:01:56 EDT 2008

Thank you to both Christian and Michael,

I suppose that is an avenue to go down, but then I suppose if I were
to go the Raster route I may as well use the DEM file and do a quick
hydro-analysis.

I wonder, is there a way to create a Voronoi diagram in GRASS?

hmmm,

Oh, is  there a method to convert a polygon into a set of equidistant
points?  Either by distance or evenly spaced number of points?

I could then create thiessen polygons, clip to original polygon,
convert thiessens to polylines, and select polylines that intersect
polygon boundary... I suppose I would be left with somewhat of a
centerline, although there would still be theissen polygon branches
that extend towards the boundary and not run the centerline...  Gosh I
need to go back to Geometry class to figure this out...

Any geometry wizards out there?