[GRASS-user] Label placement mechanism in GRASS?

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Wed Jun 18 18:40:52 EDT 2008

On 19.06.2008 00:40, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> As far as I understand, there is no mechanism for optimal label
> placement when labels overlay partially to each other.

There is an experimental module v.label.sa, available in the svn. It is
ready but I'm still waiting on word for patches to ps.map and d.label
from Hamish. v.label.sa uses a simulated annealing method of finding an
optimal label placement.
It supports point and line features. I'm working on adding support for areas

It is not built by default, but if you want to give it a try I'll gladly
help more.

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>