[GRASS-user] Pen tablet

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 06:17:48 EDT 2008

Charles:
> > I have a quick question about digitizing vector using
> > GRASS.  Can a pen tablet be used instead of a mouse when
> > digitizing vectors?
> > Thanks for any input!

Nikos:
> Maybe this answers your question (which was my question):
> http://www.nabble.com/Tablet%28s%29-working-with-GRASS--td14437520.html#a14437520

Charles, do you mean a large map digitizing tablet like this:
http://www.provost.iastate.edu/reports/annualreport2003/photos/ait-GISDigitizingTablet.jpg
http://www.harbourdom.de/didgerimgs/PP-Tablet.gif

and not one of the new glorified laptop "tablet PC"s?

there was support for the large kind in GRASS 5's version of v.digit. I am not sure what it would take to include support for that in newer GRASSes- probably just a motivated developer with the gear.

Hamish