[GRASS-user] Label placement mechanism in GRASS?

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Thu Jun 19 08:29:19 EDT 2008

On 19.06.2008 13:55, Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> I can't get a "proper" size for v.label.sa in a wgs84 location. I tried
> measuring but... (well, in the beginning I thought I was in a metric
> location and was trying numbers around 10000! No wonder that it didn't
> work;-)

heh. Come to think of I haven't tried v.label.sa in lat-long location.
I'll look into it. Thanks for the feedback.

> So it's something like the scale dependent rendering (?)
>

> Anyhow, I think having some auto-estimation of viewable fonts in
> v.label.sa would be a starter value from which one can increase/decrease
> the font size in order to get the desired font size.

I will try to come up with something, but the tricky part is that it
will require a monitor to be open to get the resolution, so that I can
calculate a nice visible size for the font. I'll see what I can do.

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>