[GRASS-user] Re: problem with v.patch

J. Brian Adams jb_adams at verizon.net
Fri Jun 20 13:00:34 EDT 2008

Sorry for the delay No, I was not able to fix the problem with
v.patch.  Although I tried several different suggestions, none of them
worked.  It still dropped some of the larger regions that were shared
between the maps.  My only remaining idea, which I have not tried
primarily because of the number of separate vector maps is to run
v.patch on all of them, and then add the dropped regions one at a
time.  This may be completely off base, but I wonder if it might have
something to do with bounding boxes surrounding each vector map.  The
box might cut the dropped region when we run v.patch.  Just a thought
if anyone else reads this.

I did finish the task,  but using a less than optimal work around.  I
converted each of the vector maps to a raster map, and then I patched
them together.  As I said, less than optimal, but it got the job done.

Brian