[GRASS-user] importing geotif in grass, transformation parameters

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 21:22:40 EDT 2008

Martina Schaefer
> I don't have any idea to what refers this
> "transformation parameter".
> Which information is missing?

datum transform parameters?
some reading:
  http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Gis_Concepts#Geodesy_and_Cartography

> And, if I would know which information is missing and get
> to know it, would there be any possibility to get this
> information into GRASS after or during the import process?

it should happen automatically, if there and you are creating a new location based on the data file.

try looking at what projection info is shown by:

  gdalinfo filename.tif

if GRASS doesn't know what projection your data is in (ie your location projection settings happen to be broken), it won't be able to reproject it to something else. maybe g.setproj helps to reset it to something known?

Hamish