[GRASS-user] Vector dbf files + Spatial join

Wesley Roberts wroberts at csir.co.za
Tue Jun 24 05:31:20 EDT 2008

Hi All,

Before I head into learning mySQL I would like to know if grass has a command that can merge / spatial join dbf attribute tables (similar to the spatial join used in ESRI).

Reading the archives I see people have used anything from PostgreSQL to mySQL to combine the attributes of vectors. I have a 13 point data sets with 15625 points with attributes attached. I would like to combine all 13 into one dbase file and then import into a stats package.

Do I need to use something like mySQL or does GRASS have a builtin function for this sort of application? If not could someone point me towards a GRASS orientated mySQL tutorial

Many thanks,
Wesley

Wesley Roberts MSc.
Researcher: Forest Assessment (Remote Sensing & GIS)
Forestry and Forest Products Research Centre
CSIR
Tel: +27 (31) 242-2353
Fax: +27 (31) 261-1216
http://ffp.csir.co.za/

"To know the road ahead, ask those coming back."
- Chinese proverb