[GRASS-user] Two questions - vector data and Mac install

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jun 26 02:49:26 EDT 2008

Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 25/06/08 02:46, Richard Chirgwin wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> 1) v.overlay question
>>
>> I have three maps: two area vectors (A and B), and a v.overlay result
>> (C). Is there a simple way to assign the percentage of areas in (A)
>> covered by the overlay (C)?
>
> Vector solution:
>
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2008-June/045290.html
>
> Moritz

Moritz,

This led me straight into an oddity. One of my vectors is created by
buffering around points.

The source map was a set of 800 points. V.buffer runs successfully, and
when it ends, the new areas display without problem. However, when I run
v.db.addtable, there are only 18 categories - any ideas?

Richard