[GRASS-user] installation problems in user space

Abhinandan Raghavan abhinandan.raghavan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 09:48:27 EDT 2008

Hi folks,

Thanks a lot for getting back. I am now having trouble with installing gdal.
This is the message that I get:

g++: /usr/lib/libidn.so: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [libgdal.la] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/scratch/lib/gdal-1.5.2'
make: *** [check-lib] Error 2

Wonder why this has to be so complicated!

Abhi