[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] mask in PERMANENT affect on other mapsets during reprojection

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Jun 30 10:26:38 EDT 2008

Hamish wrote:

> > Script must additionally check if no mask is present in PERMANENT or
> > it is a bug and will be removed in the feature
> > So as I understand the problem will heppen when I have mask in mapset in
> > source which is named as my target mapset in target location: ussually
> > it will concern PERMANENT?
>

> * Maps are searched for in the current mapset search path. (g.mapsets)

That reminds me of another issue: the mapset search path is determined
by the contents of the SEARCH_PATH file in the current directory, not
the environment, so it isn't affected by G__create_alt_env() and
G__switch_env(). Also, the contents are cached, so switching mapset or
location won't change any search path.

That isn't relevant to the MASK, though, as that is always obtained
from the current mapset (G_mapset()), not the mapset search path.