[GRASS-user] wxpython fails to open existing grc

Adam Dershowitz adershowitz at exponent.com
Tue Mar 4 15:54:36 EST 2008

Thanks.  Yes, I created the files with the gis.m tck interface.  So, I
am (OK...was) a confused user.
But that raises a few questions about the development of the wx
interface:
Is there a way to convert tcl grc files over to wx grc files?
Generally, it is important in my opinion to keep backward
compatibility in code.  Otherwise, as the wx gui takes over, as I
believe is the longer term plan, then old files will no longer be
useable, which is not good.
Also, it seems to me that instead of a syntax errors, if the file
can't be interpreted as proper xml that the wx interface could display
an error that this is not a valid file.  That would help cut down on
the confusion indicated above.

Thanks,

--Adam