[GRASS-user] Update - Check points in polygons

Corrado ct529 at york.ac.uk
Thu Mar 6 05:12:42 EST 2008

Thanks a lot to all of you!

To keep you up to date:

METHOD1
1) v.in.ogr
dsn=/home/ct529/Documents/Projects/UKBryophytes/Datasets/BRYOPHYTES/BRYOPHYTES/SSSI_vectors/ENGLAND.shp
output=England_SSSI layer=ENGLAND min_area=0.0001 snap=-1
location=England_from_shapefile
2) v.clean input=England_SSSI output=England_SSSI_clean
error=England_SSSI_error tool=bpol
3) v.in.ascii
input=/home/ct529/Documents/Projects/UKBryophytes/Datasets/species_sites_100m.csv
output=species_100m format=point fs=, skip=0 x=4 y=5 z=0 cat=0
4) in postgresql: alter table species_100m add colum sssi_name varchar(120);
5) v.distance from=species_100m to=England_SSSI dmax=0 upload=to_attr
to_column=sssi_name col=sssi_name
6) in postgresql: select species_name,sssi_name,count(species_id) from
species_100m where sssi_name is not null group by species_name,sssi_name
order by species_name;

What do you think? I may now run it on dmax=100 and dmax=500.

METHOD2
Today I am going to try Roger's method, combining GRASS and R ,so that I can
compare.

METHOD3
I would like to develop a comparative method using only grass, and reading the
shape file directly (without going through spgrass6) using readOGR and the
rgdal library. Any clue?

I think when I wrote back to the project leader that the problem was solved,
she as rather impressed by GRASS and by the GRASS community.

Best Regards
--
Corrado Topi

Global Climate Change and Biodiversity