[GRASS-user] a few suggestions and questions

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 12:55:26 EST 2008

On Wednesday 05 March 2008, Jarek Jasiewicz wrote:
> Dylan Beaudette wrote:

> >> it is imposible due to polinominal fitting when window is more than 3
> >
> > This may reveal my level of understanding of the r.param.scale module,
> > but why should the profile curvature be impossible to calculate when the
> > window size is > 3x3 ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Dylan

> I analised the code of (I need that solution for some other problem).
> The module use polinominal fitting to calculate is written to work on
> rectangular grid, so program shoud be compeeltly rewriten to use
> lat-long. As far as I know - r.param scale is now development as
> Landserf maybe try this but I cant say if landserf can work on lat-long
> (I suppose - yes)

Ah- OK. It looks like the problem is with the fitting of polynomials in LL
locations, and NT the > 3x3 grid / plan curv. problem-- that must be related
to a bug.

I don't see a ticket for r.param.scale on the trac site.

Carlos- can you please create one with any example you might have?

Thanks,

Dylan

--
Dylan Beaudette