[GRASS-user] I need help

Philipp Steigenberger userlist at online.de
Fri Mar 7 02:25:11 EST 2008

Paul Kelly wrote:

>> Can you give the exact command-line you typed, and the exact error
>> mesage (copied and pasted). This would make it a lot easier to debug.
>>
>> [...]
>>> You have to unpack the tar.gz by
>>>
>>> tar xvfz grass-6.2.2.tar.gz_Linux_bin.tar.gz
>>
>> No that's not correct. grass6install.sh is the binary installer script
>
> Replying to myself, sorry I missed the very weird looking filename there
> (tar.gz in the middle and at the end doesn't look right). I think
> Philipp is right and it is actually a source distribution tarball but
> has been renamed with bin in the name just to confuse things In which
> case his instructions about ./configure, make etc. apply. I'm really
> just guessing though.
>
> Paul

Raonel, I would suggest that you download again the actual stable version:

Here http://grass.itc.it/download/index.php
(optionally you can choose the mirror nearest to you here:
http://grass.itc.it/mirrors.php)

you can choose your distribution in the binary column. Or you download
the sourcecode and compile it by yourself (more complicated):

http://grass.itc.it/grass62/source/grass-6.2.3.tar.gz

suerte
Philipp