[GRASS-user] newbie category question..

cgnicholas at alamedanet.net cgnicholas at alamedanet.net
Mon Mar 10 19:50:49 EDT 2008

> Try with v.rast.stats

exactly what I was looking for; thanks! (it is slowly crunching away...);
looks like it is a wrapper around successive r.mapcalc runs?

> Have a look at the user guide of it:
> http://starspan.casil.ucdavis.edu/doku/doku.php?id=userguide

Looks very cool! I'll admit in advance my response to the following might
be completely lame by comparison...

>> p.s. - it would sure be nice if I could make key/value pairs within
>> mapcalc; that way I could read a category from one layer, make a key,
>> and fetch it anywhere within mapcalc...

> I don't understand here.

Just thinking if mapcalc, instead of just defining new map layers
(A=foo at mapset1...) you might use one layer as a Key for intermediate,
category-based running results in memory...but again, I will look at
starspan...thanks!

Chris