[GRASS-user] Unable to import some raster and vector type maps

Marco Lechner marco.lechner at geographie.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Mar 11 16:34:14 EDT 2008

Hi Eric,

using a RC in a productive environment is not the best way. We used the
workflow on a GRASS-course in Zürich last week using a liveDVD and GRASS
6.2.2. Well 6.2.2 has other bugs, but the srtm-import worked on a
LiveSystem with SRTM-data covering whole switzerland (16 squaredegree) -
without any problems. Well, to be honest, for the spline-interpolation
we had to decrease the resolution for the course ;-)
How about using a parallel Linux-Installation or a vmware-based
Linuxsolution?

Marco