[GRASS-user] Off-Topic: Is there a database with historic (rough) precipitation/ temperature data on (daily?) weekly basis for Europe?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Mar 11 17:25:54 EDT 2008

Nikos,

you may check
European Climate Assessment & Dataset (ECA&D)
http://eca.knmi.nl/
for daily historical climate data of Europe.

Myself, I am working on reconstructing time series from MODIS LST
data... coming soon :) I am doing that on a cluster since it still needs
heavy computational resources.

Markus

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Nikos Alexandris
<nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> I need to check the weather conditions for specific dates over an area
>  in Greece. Are there any rough data? Or, even better, anything
>  satellite-derived?
>
>  By rough I mean both the spatial and the temporal scale.
>

>  Thank you in advance,
>
>  Nikos

Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://www.osgeo.org/