[GRASS-user] Re: GRASS_INFO_ERROR(2604,1): LOCATION_NAME not set ?

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Mar 20 09:36:52 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 19:31 +0100, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am trying to help a friend with QGIS+GRASS under his win-box. We get
> stuck on the error as described in the subject when we try to import
> something (r.in.gdal for example).
>
> He has a Greek WinXP version and I am not sure if it the problem has to
> do with locale-codes.
>
> We switched to "English UK" locale and we could not see the proj files
> (gcs, pcs, epsg's).

Sorry for TOP-ing this question again: we are currently trying WinGRASS
6.3 RC5 but we always bomb on a similar message: LOCATION_NAME not set.

Has this to do with the Operating System or with GRASS? We get strange
character-set in grass shell through QGIS(!) [1] I am not sure how to
play with codepages under win (anymore).

FWTools and QGIS work fine.

Thank you,

Nikos

[1] http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqAXxlr