[GRASS-user] Info for users subscribed via hotmail.com to GRASS lists

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Mar 20 11:29:15 EDT 2008

This *only* concerns most (all?) subscribers with hotmail.com
account.

If your subscriptions gets disabled by our Mailman software, it is
due to the hotmail.com server behavior. We cannot do much about
it (I guess), I checked with OSGeo-SAC.

The system responds (example, from Mailman admin logs):

----------------- snip -----------------------------
<XXXXXX at hotmail.com>: host mx1.hotmail.com[65.54.244.8] said: 550 SC-001 Mail
 rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection
 may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain
 reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please contact
 your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins,
 please visit http://postmaster.live.com for email delivery information and
 support (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; XXXXXX at hotmail.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host mx1.hotmail.com[65.54.244.8] said: 550 SC-001
     Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons.
     Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like
characteristics or
     IP/domain reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin
     please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help.
     Email/network admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for
email delivery
     information and support (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

Please bother Windows Live Hotmail to not reject the GRASS Mailing
list messages.

I have just re-activated a couple of users subscribed via hotmail.com.

cheers,
Markus