[GRASS-user] Re: GRASS_INFO_ERROR(2604,1): LOCATION_NAME not set ?

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Sat Mar 22 17:56:26 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 23:02 +0200, Micha Silver wrote:
[...]
> Hello Nikos:
> I found a problem running the GRASS shell from the QGIS GRASS toolbox
> under windows. Perhaps the reason and is similar to what was causing
> your strange characters. With "Regional Settings" set to Hebrew in the
> windows control panel, when I opened the GRASS shell, I'd get  v  e  r
> y    w  i  d  e   spacing between the letters, making use of the command
> line shell quite difficult.  I set the regional settings back to
> English/US and now the shell looks fine.
> Maybe this will help.
> Regards,
> Micha

Hello Micha!

Thank you for your tip! Unfortunately we already tried this. The funny
thing is that, if I remember well, setting US/English (or even UK) we
can't run QGIS anymore (!).

Isn't that right Dimitri? Or was it something else (the new problem)?

So maybe we solve one problem but we create another one ;-)

Thank you,

Nikos