[GRASS-user] Conditions under which v.drape would fail to find the nearest neighbor

Alyre Chiasson alyrechiasson at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 26 22:53:12 EDT 2008

Helo,

I was wondering if there are any conditions under which v.drape would
fail to find a nearest neighbor contour line. My raster file which
contains the contour lines were derived from a vector file using
v.to.rast. The resulting rater file looks good. However, 5 out of an
initial 8 trial data points returned zero as the third dimension even
when it was obviously not the case. I was wondering if it gives up after
searching around by a certain number of cells (window) or if you can set
the search range.

Thanks

Alyre