[GRASS-user] Cannot use grass on vfat partition

Agustin Lobo aloboaleu at gmail.com
Thu May 1 12:35:20 EDT 2008

Just found the difference between locations on
the vfat and on the ext3 partition:
mapsets on the vfat partition get
files  MYNAME  WIND as myname and wind.

Just renaming these files makes everything work.

What I do not understand is why grass
writes thes files in lower case, it does not
with LOCATION for example, and even less
why grass has a different behaviour
for different partition formats

Note that in both cases I'm using linux (Ubuntu 8.04)
and grass6.2.3

Thanks

Agus

--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
email: Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster