[GRASS-user] llnl visit and grass

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun May 4 12:19:20 EDT 2008

You might find it encouraging that one of the Google Summer of Code projects
that were awarded to GRASS is for developing n-dimensional visualization
capabilities in the new wxPython GUI display.

Michael

On 5/4/08 9:00 AM, "grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org"
<grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 11:34:53 +0200
> From: Tomas Lanczos <lanczos at t-zones.sk>
> Subject: [GRASS-user] llnl visit and grass
> To: grassuser at grass.itc.it
>
> I am playing now with visualisation of 3D Grass data exported as vtk
> files in llnl's VisIt (https://wci.llnl.gov/codes/visit/) in Ubuntu
> gutsy. I have quite good experiences with Paraview also, but I miss some
> features what VisIt actually have. Do have somebody experiences with
> this issue?
>
> Many thanks for any ideas and advices
>
> Tomas
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 03:09:06 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] llnl visit and grass
> To: Tomas Lanczos <lanczos at t-zones.sk>, grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
>
> Tomas Lanczos wrote:
>> I am playing now with visualisation of 3D Grass data exported as vtk
>> files in llnl's VisIt (https://wci.llnl.gov/codes/visit/) in Ubuntu
>> gutsy. I have quite good experiences with Paraview also, but I miss
>> some features what VisIt actually have. Do have somebody experiences
>> with this issue?
>>
>> Many thanks for any ideas and advices
>

> feel free to expand this page with whatever you learn:
>   http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Help_with_3D#Visualization_Tools
>

> Hamish
>

> ps- note new mailing list send-to address
>
> pps- I notice in a few place the new version of MediaWiki does not show
> third-party screenshots, just a URL link to them in text. How to fix
> that?

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University