[GRASS-user] how can import ecw's in grass databse

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 03:28:13 EDT 2008

> geog wrote:
> > I need to import ecw Rasters in my grass database,
> > but it won't work. (gdal not supported ecw in my grass 6.0 version)
> >
> > What will the easiest way to do this?
> > Must I compile gdal with ecw support
H:
> yes.

I should mention that there is a possibility you can only get the ECW SDK
to work with gdal in MS Windows (??). In that case either a) try to run
GRASS with a ecw-enabled gdal in Windows, or b) use gdal_translate in
Windows to make a GeoTiff from the ECW data, and then transport the
GeoTiff back to Linux/Mac/whatever..

check for ECW support with "gdalinfo --formats"

Hamish