[GRASS-user] Exporting grass raster to gvsig

christian Brandt chrisbrandt74 at hotmail.com
Thu May 8 07:33:32 EDT 2008

Dear list,

I am using GRASS 6.3 ORC5 on OpenSuse 10.2 (64 bit) and I would like to visualize my GRASS rasters within gvsig.

So I tried the following options:

A)  Open with the grass pilot (navigating to the cellhd folder within my grass workspace)
> this just results in a one-color image

B)  Exporting from GRASS to gtiff:

r.out.gdal input=Quellen_8m_gesamt at PERMANENT format=GTiff type=UInt16 output=/... createopt=TFW=YES nodata=9999

While exporting the following message occurs:

Exporting to GDAL data type: UInt16

Too many values, color table cut to 100000 entries

Input raster map constains cells with NULL-value (no-data). For no-data values was used value 9999. You can specify nodata value by nodata parameter.

r.out.gdal complete

> this results in an created gtiff file (missing data) but I cannot see it within gvsig's add layer dialog

C) Exporting from GRASS to tiff

r.out.tiff -t input=Quellen_8m_gesamt at PERMANENT output=quellen_tif compression=none

Hence I can add this raster to gvsig but with no color table

Are there any suggestions how to get the raster within gvsig showing the correct values and preserving the color table?

Regards

Chris