[GRASS-user] r.slope.aspect

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 03:02:40 EDT 2008

Suzanne wrote:
> I successfully imported a DEM but when I run
> r.slope.aspect, I get empty slope and aspect files.  What
> could possibly be going wrong?  The DEM displays and
> queries properly.

probably the computational region does not match the display region, and the process is happening for "thin air".

try "g.region rast=your_DEM" from the command line so that the compuational region exactly matches your DEM, or (less exact way) click on the menu item for that on the display window (magnifying glass button with pull down menu, last one)

see the short intro to raster help page:
 http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass63/manuals/html63_user/rasterintro.html

good luck,
Hamish