[GRASS-user] v.surf.rst

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 22:47:11 EDT 2008

> I used v.surf.rst but when i look at new (raster) and old
> (vector) values in a given point, they are not the same and even
> sometimes very remote from one another.
> I thought the interpolation would not modify values of points
> existing at the departure in the vector layer.

v.surf.rst will not follow all the points exactly, it will try and create the best surface for all the data. (minimizing the overall energy to bend the surface) create and look at the deviations point map to see how far from each starting data point the surface is (then run v.univar on that).

see Helena's website for animations of what happens when varying the smoothing and tension parameters.

Hamish