[GRASS-user] gps import: definition of WGS84

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri May 23 12:39:53 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out why we are seeing different results when
importing GPS data into different software (GRASS is doing great, it's
the others that are having the trouble). It must be linked to the
definition of the projection the GPS data comes in.

v.in.gpsbabel defines the default projection as

IN_PROJ="+proj=longlat +towgs84=0.000,0.000,0.000"

Now my question: is this equivalent to EPSG 4326, which is defined as

<4326> +proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +no_defs  <>

?

And if not, which EPSG code would be the equivalent of the v.in.gpsbabel
line ?

Moritz