[GRASS-user] problem with v.distance in Windows

Jonathan Aguero-Valverde jua130 at psu.edu
Sat May 24 17:44:18 EDT 2008

I am experienced some trouble with v.distance in my win box. I am running
the latest version 6.3.0
my tables are in PG, my db.connect gives:

db.connect -p
driver:pg
database:host=localhost,dbname=thesisWA,port=5432
schema:public
group:

but when I run v.distance I get:
$ v.distance from=cent_g to=road_inv_d6_b dmax=5 upload=cat,dist
column=cat_ce
nt,distance
DBMI-Postgres driver error:
Cannot connect to Postgres: could not connect to server: Connection refused
(0x0000274D/10061)
        Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 6543?

GRASS_INFO_WARNING(4116,1): Cannot open database
'host=localhost,dbname=thesisWA,port=6543'
GRASS_INFO_END(4116,1)

GRASS_INFO_ERROR(4116,2): Unable to open database
<host=localhost,dbname=thesisWA,port=6543> by driver <pg>
GRASS_INFO_END(4116,2)

It looks like somehow the port is hardcoded to 6543 in v.distance. If I
tried db.tables -p it gives me the list of my tables so it looks like my
connection settings are fine.

Jonathan Aguero-Valverde
PhD. Candidate
The Thomas D. Larson