[GRASS-user] GUI equivalent of command

H.S.Rai hs at raiandrai.com
Fri May 30 21:24:15 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 3:44 AM, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:
> The d.* commands are replaced in the GUI by GUI functions. That is, with few
> exceptions, you can't call a d.* command from the GUI because they are for
> x-monitors only--and the GUI display is a TclTk or wxPython canvas. There
> are GUI equivalents for most d.* commands.

Thanks to Nikos Alexandris and Michael Barton for responding.

>From above discussion, it looks there is no GUI equivalent (and there
may be many such other commands) for TclTk canvas. That mean I will
not be able to develop GUI based Tutorial for Leics dataset. I will be
difficult for beginners (who never worked on Linux/Unix and in Command
Line CUI mode) to GRASS to work with X-monitor (Monitor X0) and Map
Display 1.

Is there way to show results of commands given in terminal window to
Map Display Screen?

--
H.S.Rai
http://hs.raiandrai.com/