[GRASS-user] supervised classification - feature extraction

M S mseibel at gmail.com
Sat May 31 09:23:00 EDT 2008

That would be great.   Let's say for example that I only want to classify
paved or dirt roads.  So I setup two classes, one training area for dirt
road, and one for paved road.  Then a third outlier class of everything else
that doesnt match the two inputted training classes.

It almost seems like using an unsupervised classification could achieve
this, and then only extract the features of interest, being types of roads
or impervious features.

I have lidar intensity data, but it is single band, and I am presuming that
this 1 foot pixel multiband true color is better input for defining unique
signatures.

Mark