[GRASS-user] Raster color table in ps.map

ramaraju ramarajua at gmail.com
Sat May 31 11:13:29 EDT 2008

Hi
I am using SRTM data for my study area with elevation values ranging from 12
m to 960 m. I have set the color table to bgyr. When I tried composing a map
in ps.map using the above data with color table, it gave me the following
error message:
Your cats/ file is invalid. A cats/ file with categories and labels is
required for 'colortable' when using CELL rasters. No colortable will be
assigned to this output postscript file.
However, raster legend can be displayed in the grass map display window.
I am using GRASS 6.3 on ubuntu 8.04
Can any of you advise me on how to overcome this problem and print color
table?
Thanking you in advance

ramaraju