[GRASS-user] coordinate translation in grass

Annekatrien Debien annekatrien.debien at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 06:30:45 EST 2008

Dear all,

for my dissertation, I'm working with Landsat imagery from Tanzania, south
of the equator. I've set my region in UTM-coordinates in Grass. The problem
is that the imagery I downloaded from the Global Land cover Facility did not
take into account the false northing of 10 000 000 for areas under the
equator, so my north- and southbounds are negative. When I want to load them
into Grass using the correct (and thus positive) coordinates, I only get a
blank display. So my question is: is there any way to change this false
northing in Grass, or to do a translation of my image?

Kind regards,
Annekatrien