[GRASS-user] Moving windows on raster categorical map

Milton Cezar Ribeiro miltinho.astronauta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 18:21:58 EST 2008

Dear Grass-experts

I have a categorical raster map with 5 classes.
Now I need to estimate some stats using different-sized windows
like 3x3, 5x5..25x25. The stats the I would like
to compute is to count the number of classes on
the windows, to estimate the percentage of an
class of interest (like class 4, for example),
and other stats that could be computed using
the pixels inside the windows.

As you can see, the size of windows will varying,
so as final solution I think to include the solution
on a "for XX in ()... done" looping.

Any help are welcome.