[GRASS-user] Re: v.in.ascii howto

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Wed Nov 12 11:06:14 EST 2008

>The page also warns "Note the blank before entering vertex
>coordinates".  Is this strictly necessary?  Thanks.

What version of Grass are you using? I can't this message in
the html help in either 6.4 or 7.0svn.

Regardless, I've updated the examples to show the full command-line
import call. I can import vectors in standard format with or without spaces
on each coordinate line; I'll put a note in the docs saying it isn't
necessary to pad with spaces.

(Aside: does anyone know why spaces were placed on each coordinate line
in v.in.ascii example 1a? Cosmetics?)

~ Eric.