[GRASS-user] saving patch areas on raster maps

Jamie Adams jaadfoo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 15:45:34 EST 2008

You can use r.recode to do this, but you'll need to reformat the output from
r.stats.

Example:

*r.stats -a -n <raster>*

0 1234
1 2345
2 3456

This needs to be:

0:0:1234:1234
1:1:2345:2345
2:2:3456:3456

Save this to a txt file and use it with the rules flag of r.recode.  If you
have a large amount of categories, I would suggest using awk or perl to
reformat the r.stats output.

-Jamie