[GRASS-user] r.out.gdal aborts writing out Geotiff

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Nov 18 16:16:02 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:15 PM, William Hudspeth
<bhudspeth at edac.unm.edu> wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to write a GRASS raster to a Geotiff using
> r.out.gdal, but get the following error:
>
> Writing format: GTiff
> Writing type:   Int16
> Input file size is 1215, 1499
> /usr/grass-6.1.0/scripts/r.out.gdal: line 135: 10683 Aborted
> gdal_translate -of $FORMAT -ot $TYPE $CREATEKEY $METAKEY $CELLHD $OUTPUT

In GRASS 6.1 (which is fairly old) the r.out.gdal is just a shell
script wrapper around gdal_translate. Newer GRASS versions
contain a C version which is more robust.

You could test if gdal_translate works at all and/or if the
GRASS-GDAL plugin works.

Markus