[GRASS-user] MacOSX GRASS download statistics

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Nov 19 16:41:56 EST 2008

Nice to see that so many have upgraded to 10.5.

My own site stats for my OSX build are currently broken (I only just
today figured out why).

Even so, I'd only have page hits, and no system info (other than what
I would get by which binary is downloaded) or IP info.  (Server logs
on my host go back only a month for individual file requests)

On Nov 19, 2008, at 10:48 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Here download statistics from Lorenzo Moretti:
>
> http://grass.bologna.enea.it/
>
> from 29-May-2008 to 29-Oct-2008 (version 6.3.0-1 for 2 versions of
> OSX):
> - 1695 downloads for Mac OS X 10.5;
> -  654 downloads per Mac OS X 10.4.
>
> Circa 3 users of 4 use GRASS with latest release of the operating
> system
> Mac OS X which is 10.5.
>
> Around 95% of download are from outside Italy (estimate).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro